Why would a government end user consider buying bandwidth service from a commercial source, especially when the government has its own communications satellites operating in X-band? There are several imperatives for considering XTAR commercial capacity – even if MILSATCOM capacity should be available:
- Non-preemptible – XTAR commercial capacity is non-preemptible. When a customer signs a contract, the capacity is theirs to use as they require; they cannot be preempted by higher-priority users.
- Operationally independent – Responsible users of commercial X-band earn the right to manage their space segment as necessary to meet their mission requirements. Users are not forced to disclose operational information, such as terminal location, and can therefore maintain anonymity.
- Interoperable with MILSATCOM systems – XTAR is backwards compatible and operates with all X-band legacy terminals. Consequently, an investment in X-band equipment will not be wasted when a switch over to MILSATCOM becomes feasible.
- Faster certification of new technology – XTAR gets users up and running without delay. It has a certification process that is measured in weeks — rather than years as is the case for some MILSATCOM systems.
- Highly responsive customer support – XTAR can confirm availability of service, perform necessary link budgets, and bring the customer onto the satellite in less than 24 hours. Furthermore, XTAR’s extremely capable staff offers a unique level of objective engineering and design support to maximize efficiency and value.
- Singleness of mission – XTAR is focused exclusively on supporting the government user; there are no conflicts of interest resulting from business with commercial users.
- Reliable, trusted partner to resellers – XTAR provides a unique value proposition to solutions integrators – a trustworthy and responsive source for commercial X-band. Our customer-attentive team and focus on our core business make XTAR the ideal partner for resellers, integrators, and solutions providers.