Reporting to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, this senior sales position will be responsible for sales and account management to government organizations and government system integrators alike. Key government organizations include Department of Defense and Federal Civilian Agencies.
- Independently develop and execute account management strategies to include qualifying opportunities, leads and prospects
- Assemble and present proposals that leverage XTAR’s brand and relationships by continuing to grow the company’s sales in the government sector
- Work with the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer on pricing strategies for proposals
- Track and report progress on sales opportunities and account status
- Look for business development opportunities with government users and system integrators
- Have 3 or more years of government satellite communications or related industry experience
- Have ability to manage complex and sometimes lengthy sales processes
- Be a highly motivated, aggressive, self-starter with high energy and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Be an enthusiastic team player with strong leadership and interpersonal skills who knows when to take the lead and when to pass the lead to others
- Have strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Enjoy a personal reputation for honesty, integrity and ethics
- Have knowledge of the Intel and DoD organizations and structures and will ideally have existing relationships with acquisitions personnel and influencers in defense contractors, systems integrators, and in some or all of the government organizations listed above
- Be experienced selling to various sized accounts
- Currently holds or has ability to obtain Secret level clearance or higher
- Have knowledge of Salesforce
- Have knowledge of U.S .Government procurement regulations and contract types
- Have a successful record of selling in a complex government sales environment with demonstrated ability to construct and negotiate win/win strategies with partners and customers
XTAR LLC offers a highly attractive compensation package that will include a very competitive base salary, performance related incentives/commissions.
Ashburn, VA (Other remote work locations will be considered on a case by case basis.)
Expected travel about 0-3 days per month, along with attending conferences in various U.S. locations 3-6 times per year. Foreign travel may also be required at times.
XTAR LLC is a privately owned and operated satellite communications company located in Ashburn, VA, committed to serving the needs of government customers. The company is a joint venture between Loral Space & Communications and HISDESAT. XTAR, LLC provides commercial services in the X-band frequency (7.25-8.4 GHz) through two owned and operated satellite payloads, XTAR-EUR and XTAR-LANT. XTAR’s unique satellite system supports the critical communications requirements of multi-national organizations, governments, military, diplomatic, and civilian agencies in the United States and elsewhere.
To be considered for employment, please email your resume to XTAR.